Volunteers can help in a variety of ways throughout the shelter:
This is the perfect opportunity for hikers, walkers and runners to take a shelter dog with you while you enjoy the outdoors. Volunteers who have been through the dog walking orientation are able to take a shelter dog off-site to spend time away from the shelter. Stop by and walk a dog on your lunch break!
Help with off-site or on-site events, fundraising, or community outreach. Volunteer could help distribute information at a table or take a cat or dog to an adoption event or help set up and tear down. Check out our Events Calendar for upcoming adoption events.
Don’t have time to stop by the adoption center? Help from home!
- Create enrichment activities.
- Hold a bake sale for pets and people and donate the proceeds to Angels of Assisi.
- Ask local businesses to put donation jars or boxes in their business.
- Make “Adopt Me” bandanas for the dogs.
- Host a car wash, dog wash, lemonade stand, garage sale, or other event and donate the proceeds to Angels of Assisi.
- Manage an ‘adoptables’ bulletin board at your workplace
- Organize a Donation Drive at your work, church, or club for pet supplies from our Wish List.
- Organize a contest at your school and see which classroom has the most animal lovers by contributing most.
- Get involved in the foster care program
- Network some of our adoptable animals on your social media profile or blog.
- Write biographies for the adoptable animals’ webpage
- Host adoption events at your workplace
If you have any questions or other ways you’d like to volunteer, please contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org.